Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Amidst a Sea of Strangers

Many people have asked me already... What's with the "amidst a sea of strangers"? And they also wonder why i am so dramatic.. I just laugh it off, those questions.. But of course, i DO have my answers as to WHY.. well, here it goes...

Amidst a sea of STRANGERS.... mainly because we live in a vast world... not only that... we live in a world full of strangers.. Not even LITERAL strangers, also the figurative strangers... A man can know the entire human race, for all i care.. but strangers will always be strangers. Just think... among all of your "friends", how much of them do you REALLY know? I mean, yeah, you know their faces and their names... you might even know where they live and what they do... but beyond those basic information, how much do you really know about them? Do you know each of their likes and dislikes? Are you aware of the things that tick them off and make them smile? Sometimes, we tend to claim that we know the person. But in reality, do you REALLY? Strangers are strangers in the sense that we do not really exert effort to get to know them.. sometimes, we just don't care. We take for granted the existence of strangers. It's a shame that we do. But that's part of our nature... we prioritize things... yes, even the people that we want to know..amidst a sea of strangers... i'm caught in a world wherein there's just too many strangers... that sometimes, these strangers make it doubly hard for me to survive. I get lost in this sea too many times. I get eaten up by its waves, its waves being the different personalities each stranger possess.

Often times, i find myself part of this sea. I, myself, am a stranger to another. And though i try to NOT be a stranger, it's just inevitable. But on my own, I want to just ride the waves and enjoy the whole thing... It's just like surfing. I don't know alot about surfing but i do know two things: 1. The waves can get really nasty and 2.you just gotta try standing up again...

Amidst a sea of strangers, amidst a sea of nasty waves... i cannot possibly survive without the help from above, from around and from within... what dwells in those 3 places are the only things that keep me afloat. and with those things on my side, i know i'll never drown. :)

Now, as for the DRAMATIC PART.. i don't really have any explanation for that.. all i know is that I was born this way.. hehe.. and somehow, someday, i'd be able to use this *dramatic side* of me that eventually, would make a BIG AND GOOD difference. :)

Godbless you all and ciao! :)

No comments: